Doesn't everyone wants radiant and attractive skin?When you have clear, smooth skin, you feel more confident, younger and better groomed.If only we didn't have the wrinkles and creases, sallow complexion, acne or redness that stares back at us from the mirror.
These skin problems tell that we have imbalance in our body: we are suffering from a mineral mismatch and oxidative stress. Luckily, there are plenty of beauty tips and natural sources of nutrition containing precious antioxidants and minerals to help achieve beautiful, healthy skin.
Care for healthy skin
Important to note
- Pick the right cosmetic products for your skin type.Dry skin, mature skin, sensitive skin and skin susceptible to acne have different needs.
- Take a gentle and thorough approach to cleansing your skin.Masks can also be used occasionally.
Avoid certain ingredients
- Your cosmetic products should not contain irritants such as alcohol, fragrances and colourings.
- Don't change products too often, make sure the individual creams, toners and masks complement one another.
- Avoid aggressive soaps and cleansers, which destroy the skin’s natural lipids.
Use sunscreen to protect against premature aging
There is no better way of preventing aging and wrinkles than avoiding the sun.The sun causes wrinkles and premature aging of the skin.Its aggressive UV rays are responsible for most wrinkles on the face.
- Always wear sunscreen or a facial cream or make-up offering UV protection – especially from March to October when the sun is at its strongest.
- Reapply sunscreen regularly, especially after swimming or sweating.
- Avoid the midday sun (between 11am and 3pm).
- Babies and small children should never be allowed to play in the sun.Also ensure you dress appropriately, wear a sun hat and long shirt.Harmful free radicals even cause problems when you are in the shade.
Practice plenty of sport for healthy skin
Fresh skin and a radiant complexion:exercising out of doors makes you more attractive.The circulation of blood through the skin can be improved with just 15 to 30 minutes of moderate exercise.Schedule a brisk walk or moderate endurance sports into your daily routine.
Sleep well for beautiful skin
Sleep that little bit longer.Having enough rest built into every day gives your skin the time it needs to regenerate itself.You will wake up feeling much fresher.
Got skin problems?- Then avoid harmful foods
They aren't good for you but sometimes it’s hard to give them up. Stimulants such as alcohol, nicotine, coffee and sugar damage our body.The visible signs areskin irritations and problems.
- Alcohol attacks the cells and draws water out of the skin,leaving it looking limp and sallow.
- Nicotine constricts vessels, hampering circulation.The skin looks grey and ages quicker.
- Caffeine overacidifies the digestive systemand the appearance of your skin suffers as a result.
- Sugar causes the collagen skin fibres to lose their elasticity,resulting in premature aging of the skin.
Drink plenty of water
Your skin needs water.It’s the only way of keeping your skin plump and healthy.After all, water purifies the body from the inside and helps the skin discard harmful substances.Drink at least 2 litres of water or unsweetened tea a day.Fruit and vegetables packed with water, such as cucumbers and melons, are also recommended.
A healthy diet for healthy skin
Fruit, vegetables and nuts give the body important vitamins, minerals, vital substances and antioxidants,which visibly improve the appearance of your skin.How do they do it?They stimulate cell division, encourage the formation of elastic fibres and tighten up the connective tissues.
Minerals such as silicon, zinc, selenium and sulphur promote skin health and are an excellent tool in the fight against aging, promoting elastic skin, taut connective tissues, fewer wrinkles and liver spots.Zinc is also often use to tackle acne because it balances out hormonal processes.
Antioxidants like coenzyme Q10 protect our skin.They can be great remedies in emergencies, if we go a bit overboard once in a while (nicotine, alcohol, sunburn, additives in our diet ...).They protect the skin from free radicals and relieve oxidative stress.However, most antioxidants are very sensitive and are destroyed by heat.Antioxidative foods, such as young spinach leaves, nuts, onions and plant oils should therefore be consumed raw or gently heated.
Precious vitamins, minerals and antioxidants – our product range
If you aren't happy with your skin’s appearance or need a higher level of vital substances, for example because you are doing a lot of training, are vegetarian or are eating a very unbalanced diet:then it may be a good idea to give your body extra vitamins and minerals by taking nutritional supplements.This also applies if you are suffering from a lot of stress at work.
- Biotin+zinc+selenium: cleverly combined for good skin, hair growth and strong nails
- High-dosage hyaluronic acid + coenzyme Q10: an effective mix of hyaluronic acid, coenzyme Q10, zinc and biotin
- Hyaluronic acid: high-dosage hyaluronan with more than 300 mg of pure active ingredients
- Q10: the coenzyme Q10 antioxidant with 98 % ubiquinone -10 contains more than 200 mg of pure active ingredient per capsule and is highly antioxidant
- Zinc: indispensible for normal skin, hair, nails and bones
- Selenium:200 µg high-dosage, vegan tablets for normal hair and nails
Bilder: © istockphoto / iconogenic, istockphoto / Lisovskaya, istockphoto / AntonioGuillem